July 22, 2016
Position: Office Manager/Receptionist
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Work Hours: Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week)
The Office Manager/Receptionist will oversee all administrative functions of the church, provide administrative support to the senior pastor and provide primary phone support services. Additionally, ensure that people are helped/served in a friendly and Christ-centered manner. Minimal supervisory duties of office staff. Answers incoming calls and directs them to the appropriate employee; welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be of strong collaborative character and work well with others.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Receive and direct telephone calls; prioritize and screen calls as appropriate.
- Pick up, distribute and disseminate mail and correspondence; respond to emails and correspondence.
- Organize and maintain online church calendar; schedule weddings, baptisms and funerals; schedule board meetings; maintain meeting minutes and annual conference reports; schedule staff meetings.
- Order office supplies and equipment; maintain and organize office; routine filing of office records and paperwork (electronic and paper).
- Manage/update computerized membership/visitor records, including new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.; process baptism requests and certificates; prepare new member/visitor information packets and mailings.
- Set up and maintain online appointment calendar for senior pastor; coordinate travel arrangements.
- Maintain prayer list, notify staff of hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
- Prepare, type, print and fold weekly church bulletins and special services bulletins (funerals, etc.).
- Oversee and assign duties to clerical staff.
- Other occasional duties as negotiated and assigned.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE ABILITY TO
- Exhibit a friendly, professional manner demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, cheerful disposition and conscientious work ethic.
- General teaching ability and accountability.
- Work at a moderately fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with flexibility and composure.
- Be mindful and aware of the critical need for confidentiality at all times.
- Exercise wise judgment and discernment.
- Have extreme attention to detail with an eye for excellence.
- Have the willingness and desire to seek new information, training and resources as needed.
- Work independently, be a self-starter and prioritize multiple projects with strong skills in time management.
- Represent the senior pastor, staff and congregation in a positive manner with emphasis on hospitality.
- Demonstrate a helpful, cheerful, diplomatic and caring servant attitude to all with a heart for the ministries of the church.
- Proven office management experience with knowledge of office management systems, equipment and procedures.
- Efficient, caring and discerning telephone skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on spelling and proofreading.
- Technical skills that include proficiency with using a computer (Apple preferred), Google apps, Adobe InDesign or Apple Pages and MS Office (experience with WordPress, Slack and Breeze is a plus.)
- Minimum five years office of administrative support experience preferred
We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary and a great working environment. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes for consideration via email, with the subject line “Office Manager Position,” to: