Updated May 30, 2021
When the original Methodist societies began to meet back in the 1700’s they had no buildings and no COVID-19. But they did have three simple rules to live by. Today, as we try to faithfully respond to the challenges brought about by the pandemic, we seek to balance the challenge of those three simple rules expressed today as:
1) Do no harm.
2) Do good.
3) Stay in love with God.
To do so, we pattern our response to the COVID-19 pandemic based on the guidelines issued by the Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, our insurance company and the MN Department of Health. As each church situation is unique–and as the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly changing–we will adapt as needed to protect our community and carry out our mission for Christ. Below are some specifics as they relate to Resurrection UMC.
- In-person worship is taking place in the sanctuary “per normal”, i.e. no masks are required. Our Sunday worship services are also available online live at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m., and via our YouTube channel afterwards.
- All classes/meetings/groups have resumed.
- rezKIDS are meeting at 10:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall.
- Nursery is available at both morning services.
- The church building is open during normal business hours and all activities have resumed.
We’re thankful for a return to “normal”! As noted previously, all of these responses are subject to change depending on the situation and as more information on best practices becomes available. However, Resurrection Church promises to do its best to do no harm, do good and stay in love with God. May the One who doesn’t change – the eternal God of all creation – bless us and keep us.