Resurrection UMC Hastings (REZ) takes the health and well-being of our congregation, staff and community very seriously. We are monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), medical professionals, and local health departments.
The rise of the new virus has also led to a number of questions about how we will function at church. We continue to do everything we can to balance risk reduction and the power of being together as the body of Christ. To reduce risk, we are all encouraged to follow recommended protocols from the Center for Disease Control (cdc.gov) or local health officials. These include frequent hand washing, not going out if sick, covering coughs and sneezes, and other normal precautions to prevent disease spread.
Currently in effect at REZ
- The building/front office remains open throughout the week.
- Face masks are required for all persons 5 years of age and older inside the building.
- If needed, the building is available during the week for small groups of 20 or less on a pre-arranged basis per Resurrection’s COVID-19 Plan. Contact the office for more information or to schedule a group.
- We have resumed in-person worship and rezKIDS on Sundays following COVID-19 protocol.
- Weekly online worship services are live Sundays at 8:30 & 10:00 a.m. via Facebook or YouTube. The sermon is available afterwards via our podcast and video channels.
- Please use our secure online giving resource (tithe.ly) to continue your commitment to generosity and the work of Resurrection church – or go old school and send a check through the U.S. mail.
- Communion is available using safe, pre-packaged elements via drop-off or mail. Make arrangements with the church office (651.437.4398 or email). Also, check rezNews and Facebook posts for Drive-Thru Communion events at REZ.
- We continue to care for our congregation and patients/residents in healthcare facilities via phone calls and notes.
- Pastor Mark sends out timely email/postal letter with insights and encouragement during this period of temporary inconvenience for our community. If you’d like to receive this letter via email, sign up.
Kids/Youth, Small Groups, Classes & Support Groups
- Limited small group meetings/gatherings at church at this time. Contact the church office (651.437.4398) to schedule a meeting or for more information.
- Stay in touch: Sign up for rezNews and rezKIDS newsletters.
- rezKIDS, Sunday School and Nursery have resumed
- No rezYouth programs. Contact Annah or AP for details. Online resources for students are also available.
- AWANA meets from 5:00-5:30 on Wednesday.
- No Wednesday night dinners.
- Support groups (AA, GA, NA, etc.) will continue to meet as scheduled.
- Committees are encouraged to meet via teleconference or video chat (Zoom, etc.)
Staff & Volunteers
- Contact staff and volunteers by texts, email or phone.