Resurrection UMC Hastings (REZ) takes the health and well-being of our congregation, staff and community very seriously. We are monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), medical professionals, and local health departments.
The rise of the new virus has also led to a number of questions about how we will function at church. We continue to do everything we can to balance risk reduction and the power of being together as the body of Christ. To reduce risk, we are all encouraged to follow recommended protocols from the Center for Disease Control (cdc.gov) or local health officials. These include frequent hand washing, not going out if sick, covering coughs and sneezes, and other normal precautions to prevent disease spread.
Currently in effect at REZ
- The building/front office has resumed normal business hours and operations.
- We have resumed in-person worship and rezKIDS on Sundays following COVID-19 protocol. Masks are not required
- Weekly online worship services are live Sundays at 8:30 & 10:00 a.m. via Facebook or YouTube. The sermon is available afterwards via our podcast and video channels.
- Please use our secure online giving resource (tithe.ly) to continue your commitment to generosity and the work of Resurrection church – or go old school and send a check through the U.S. mail.
- We continue to care for our congregation and patients/residents in healthcare facilities.
- Pastor Mark sends out timely email/postal letter with insights and encouragement for our community. If you’d like to receive this letter via email, sign up.
Kids/Youth, Small Groups, Classes & Support Groups
- All group meetings/gatherings/classes at church have resumed.
- Stay in touch: Sign up for rezNews and rezKIDS newsletters.
- rezKIDS, Sunday School and Nursery have resumed.
- rezYouth programs have resumed. Contact Annah or AP for details. Online resources for students are also available.
- No Wednesday night dinners.